Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A castle, a hotel and a lake - it's Switzerland!

More pictures ...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For some reason, I've been taking pictures of every weird sign I see ... this one is probably my favorite. I'll have to post my Strange Sign Series at a later date, when I'm less scatter-brained.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Geneve, Switzerland ... everyone rides motor scooters around Europe.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The famous Lake Geneva. It was big, it was watery, it was a lake. It was beautiful, sure, but everything else was more interesting than it, really. Such as the chocolates.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Montreux, Switzerland ... I really, really loved Montreux. If I could go back, I'd skip Lake Geneva and just spend an entire day roaming the waterfront in Montreux. It had such an easy, breezy feel, and was just gorgeous. Plus, there were so many different types of people and foods and trinkets ... very cool.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The mountainous, watery vista on the cobblestone path toward the castle ...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The castle in Montreux ... it cost 12 euros to get in, and the line was enormous, so I had to enjoy just the outside. Which was amazing, in and of itself.

4 comments:

Lady Love said...

I miss you and I REALLY wish I were there! Oh yeah, and Salah says hello. We are both wondering why we're here at the Connection office and you're there in France without us? Life is NOT fair! I demand a recount.

Lady Love said...

I'm at the office with Ralena and I just realized that she is probably the greatest person alive, by the way, hope France is great--talk to ya soon!

Johnny said...

All the pics are awesome. It reminds me of Band of Brothers, that mini-series set in WWII Europe, so I guess that kind of figures..

Jen said...

Yeah life is not fair is it??? I miss you guys and the connection office, too ... granted not enough to want to come home or anything but still ... I think about you guys!! I do wish you were here with me though the kids on the trip are the bomb too! Love ya.