Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Last few days in Dijon ...

And I have definite mixed feelings about it. I'm happy because I want to see everyone back at home, and I'd like to stop having stomach cramps and I'd also like to eat chicken again and stop living out of a suitcase. However, I also love all my new buds and enjoy being abroad. Here's a picture we had the waiter take tonight at dinner:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This isn't the entire group. It was just the people who wanted to eat at the little Italian place that Lauree, Jenna and I fell in love with a few weeks ago. We had our wine tasting session earlier in the afternoon, and then afterward as we were milling around in the classroom, we told people we were going out for Italian afterward, and everyone sort of wandered over there with us. We had a lot of laughs and good food, which we do a lot. Around the table starting on the left front: Amy, Reddy, Meghan, Christie, Jenna, Shane, Hilary, Jen, Lauree, Ashleigh, Katie, me. Anyway, there aren't many boys as you can tell, but they don't seem to mind ...

This has been a pretty great experience, all in all. I may be downing Pepto-Bismol tonight, and sweating because there is no air conditioning in this dang college, but it has been pretty great. We haven't all gotten along all the time, but we've done the best we could considering the circumstances (around each other 24/7 for weeks at a time). I'm wearing a dress I bought at Monoprix, the grocery store/Target sort of place here.

See you all pretty soon!

Love,
Jennie

4 comments:

Johnny said...

"and stop living out of a suitcase."

Been there.

Nice view for dinner.

Jen said...

Are you referring to the Frenchman's behind?

Johnny said...

lol no. Its just a pretty place for dinner.

Jen said...

Yeah, we really enjoyed that little alleyway ... ate there at least twice a week. We'd switch sides of the alley; one night the Italian place, the next night, the Creperie.